Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Canadian Tenors

The Location - Harman Chapel
The Piano Man! Fantastic Person!!!
Clifton Murray
Remigio Pereira - "the shortest Portuguese man in the group"
Fraser Walters
Victor Micallef - from Malta!!! (1565 A.D. anyone?!)
The Group

Here at Bluefield College, we are again getting ready for finals. As always, this is a time of peculiar stress. I was writing a final paper on Monday that was due today at eight o'clock. Not the best situation. However, the Music Dept has been working on a concert with the Canadian Tenors. I got my ticket in advance (Harman Chapel was sold out weeks before the actual date of the event), but I didn't really care one way or the other. I worked on a paper all day, and when the time came I was in a lot of pain and almost didn't go. However, as I'm writing a blog post on it, I obviously changed my mind. An hour and a half before the concert was slated to begin, people were everywhere. And then... it was time.

I don't know when I stopped hurting, but they were AWESOME! And funny too. They were quite comedic. I have to say though, that the finale, "Remember Me" from Troy, was absolutely spine-chilling. I wish the concert hadn't ended...

I have not seen Harman Chapel so full since the Theatre Department put on Fiddler on the Roof about five years ago. That play was very well done.

These photos are courtesy of Jerry Frech, resident artist, formerly serving in Iraq. He is a great guy and his wife, Dana, is awesome. You should check out their website www.frechstudios.com for more photos and artwork. It's definitely worth it. So, for those of you that weren't at the concert, thank Jerry for these pictures and go check out the rest of them.




1 comment: